Back shavers are personal grooming tools that are specifically designed to help individuals shave their own back body hair with ease. They are typically handheld devices that feature a long handle and a razor head, allowing users to easily reach and shave hard-to-access areas of their back. These tools can be a convenient and effective way for people to maintain a smooth and hair-free back without the need for a professional wax or shave, especially if they have sensitive skin.
Some back hair shaver models also include additional features such as a built-in light or a detachable blade for easy cleaning.
They are typically used in the shower or with a lubricating gel to help the razor glide smoothly over the skin and reduce the risk of irritation or nicks. Overall, back shavers are a useful tool for anyone looking to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance.
The market offers a variety of options when it comes to back shavers. It can be difficult to know which one to choose, this is why we created this guide, to help you pick from the top back shavers in the market, knowing what to expect before making your purchase. Read on to learn more!
Best Back Shavers of 2023
1. MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver
The MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver is a personal grooming tool that features a long handle and adjustable razor head to allow for easy access to hard-to-reach areas of the back.
It has a bi-directional blade and a Power Burst button to help users cut through longer or thicker hair, and an adjustable Razor head to allow for different lengths of hair.
The built-in LED light helps users see what they are doing, and the detachable blade makes the shaver easy to clean and maintain. The ability to shave both forward and backward allows users to cover more area in a shorter amount of time.
2. Sigma Grooming Back Shaver
The Sigma Grooming Back Shaver is a manual shaver that uses standard double-edge blades, allowing users to use their favorite blade for shaving their face and back.
It features 3 blades that cover a large area with each stroke and a long, collapsible handle for reaching every part of the back. The handle can be separated for travel, and the shaver's comb design is smooth and deep, helping to prevent cuts and allowing for the application of shaving gel or cream.
One potential drawback is that the blades must be changed using a small screwdriver.
3. BaKblade 2.0 Elite Plus
The manual back shaver is suitable for all skin types and can effectively handle thick back hair. It does not require a battery or an electrical outlet, making it a reliable choice for back grooming.
The unique blade design of the back shaver is suitable for all types of back hair, and the ergonomic handle is comfortable and easy to use. It also includes a built-in exfoliator pad, eliminating the need for additional tools to prep the skin before shaving. The shaver comes with a suction cup mount for easy storage in the shower.
4. Razorba Back Shaver
The Razorba back shaver is a simple, utilitarian tool that functions as an adapter for standard safety razors. It is an affordable and practical choice for travelers who want to avoid investing in expensive electric razors that may break down or get lost during travels.
The back shaver has a sturdy design that is easy to clean and durable. Its low price point is a major advantage, and it is compatible with a wide range of safety razors. Its compact size and versatility make it an excellent choice for traveling.
Electric VS Manual Back Shavers: What's Best?
Electric back shavers and manual back shavers are both tools that can be used to shave the back. There are a few key differences between the two types:
- Power source: Electric back shavers are powered by batteries or an electrical outlet, while manual back shavers rely on the user's arm strength to move the razor.
- Shaving experience: Electric back shavers tend to be faster and more efficient at shaving large areas of the back, but they may be less precise and more prone to irritation or nicks compared to manual back shavers. Manual back shavers require more time and effort to use, but they may provide a closer and more comfortable shave.
- Cost: Electric back shavers tend to be more expensive upfront, but they may be more cost-effective in the long run as they do not require blade replacements. Manual back shavers are generally less expensive upfront, but they may require frequent blade replacements, which can add up over time.
Ultimately, the choice between an electric or manual back shaver will depend on the individual's personal preferences and needs. Some people may prefer the convenience and speed of an electric back shaver, while others may prefer the control and precision of a manual back shaver, or how easy is it to find replacement blades.
Tips for Choosing the Best Back Shavers
- Type: Decide between an electric or manual back shaver based on your personal preferences and needs. Electric back shavers tend to be faster and more efficient, but they may be more prone to irritation or nicks. Manual back shavers require more time and effort to use, but they may provide a closer and more comfortable shave.
- Razor head design: Consider the design of the razor head and whether it will be suitable for your back hair. Some back shavers have adjustable heads that allow you to choose the length of body hair you want to shave, while others have multiple blades to cover a larger area with each stroke.
- Handle: Look for a back shaver with a comfortable and easy-to-grip handle that will be easy to maneuver over your back hair. Some back shavers have collapsible handles or detachable blades for easy cleaning and storage.
- Price: Determine your budget and look for a back shaver that fits within your price range. Keep in mind that electric back shavers may be more expensive upfront, but they may be more cost-effective in the long run as they do not require blade replacements.
- Features: Consider any additional features that may be useful, such as a built-in light, exfoliator pad, or suction cup mount for storage in the shower.
- Reviews: Read reviews from other customers to get an idea of the pros and cons of different back shavers and whether they are suitable for your needs.
By considering these factors, you can choose a back shaver that meets your specific grooming needs and preferences.
How to Shave Your Back Using a Back Shaver
Here are some steps to follow when using a back shaver to shave your back without skin irritation:
- Start by showering or taking a warm bath to soften the hair and open up the pores. This will make it easier to shave and reduce the risk of irritation or nicks.
- Apply a lubricating gel or shaving cream to your back to help the razor glide smoothly over the skin.
- Begin at the top of your back and work your way down in a downward motion, using short strokes to shave the hair. Be sure to hold the back shaver at a comfortable angle and use light pressure to avoid nicking or cutting the skin.
- Use a mirror to check your progress and make sure you are getting all the body hair. You may also want to ask a trusted friend or partner to help you reach hard-to-access areas. Apply more shaving cream if you need it.
- Rinse your back with warm water to remove any stray hairs or excess shaving cream and then pat dry with a towel.
- Apply a moisturizer to soothe the skin and help prevent irritation.
It is important to follow the instructions provided with your specific back shaver. These back shavers are usually not for dry shaving,and use caution when shaving to avoid any accidental cuts or irritation.